This is the privacy statement of Custom Cruisers Ltd., a company registered in the United Kingdom with registered number 03510929.
Custom Cruisers respects your privacy and is committed to ensuring that your personal information is used in accordance with current data protection legislation and more specifically the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
This policy is structured in the following manner to aid your understanding:
· Whose personal data do we collect
· How do we collect your personal data and why?
· What information do we hold on you?
· How do we use your information?
· Who do we share your information with?
· How long do we retain your information?
· What are your rights in relation to your information?
· How to contact us?
· Changes to this privacy statement
Whose personal data do we collect?
In the context of our business, we collect your personal data because you are our client, our supplier or other valued contact.
How do we collect your personal data and why?
We may collect information about you:
· directly from you, such as the information you provided to us when you become our client or supplier;
· from other sources, such as your colleagues;
· from publicly available sources such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram or the corporate website of the organisation you are working for; and
· by means of cookies. For more information on the cookies we use in this respect, please see below.
We have three legal bases for processing your personal data: (i) your consent, (ii) our legitimate interest if you are our client, our supplier or other valued contact and/or (iii) when the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. Our legitimate interest translates into our objective to optimise our services and to communicate relevant information. We aim to only send relevant mailings and to keep our database up to date. Furthermore, we use the information provided by you to improve our service offering.
What information do we hold on you?
Certain features of our service require you to register beforehand. You will have to provide some information about yourself, your company and choose a password for the account that we will set up for you. We use this information on the basis of your consent. We store this information until you close your account. We will retain this data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website, and in order to contact you in connection with our service offering, invoicing and/or payment and to provide an overview of the products you have purchased from us.
The type of information we collect about you might include: name, role, firm name, business address (postage and delivery), email address, telephone number, mobile telephone, number or facsimile number, link to social media accounts (*), areas of interest (*), website address, IP address (*), pages you have viewed on the website of Custom Cruisers (*), bank account and credit/debit card details.
We are required to process the personal data not marked with an asterisk (*) in order to be able to fulfil your order. Of course, you may refuse to give us certain of these personal data. Please keep in mind that this may result in us being unable to provide our services.
How do we use your information?
We process your data for the purpose of providing services, relying on the "legitimate interest ground". Custom Cruisers’ legitimate business interest, and purpose of our processing of your data, is our service offering to you. This includes the provision of company and business professional contact information such as name, role, business – and delivery address, phone number and email address. In order to provide our services, we will process your personal data to enable the creation of credentials to access our product.
Logs of access recorded by IP address are used in the process of potential system abuse and crime detection. This access is anonymized. Logs of page views and interaction with our website are maintained to help us to provide you with a more personalised user experience in relation to the provision of services to you. As such, we keep statistics on the use of our website. We will use business contact details to process contractual payments.
Other than the advertisements on the website, we can inform you about sales offers, new products, opening hours or services by either mail, e-mail and/or via social media. You can object at all times against this promotional communication. Every mail contains instructions on how to unsubscribe and every e-mail contains an unsubscribe link. On social media, you can block us or use the cancellation option.
Who do we share your information with?
As a general rule, we do not share your personal data as set out above with other parties located in countries outside the European Union, which countries may offer a lower level of data protection than in the Netherlands.
However, in order for us to be able to provide our service offering to you we share your personal data with partners subject to the role being relevant.
We will share your information with partners that provide transportation services in order to deliver your orders at your delivery address.
One-off billing settlement by credit card requires use of your information. Custom Cruisers uses EU-based third-party payment service provider web portals that are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
We will share your information in case required by law.
We will not publish your personal data without your consent.
How long do we retain your information?
Personal data is stored for varying lengths depending on the nature and purpose for which it was collected. Custom Cruisers will review your personal data periodically (usually annually) to ensure it is still necessary to be retained for the purpose for which it was collected.
Billing data is kept for the lifetime of our service offering to you and then ongoing for seven years to comply with tax legislation and other legal administrative obligations.
What are your rights in relation to your information?
You have rights under data protection law in relation to our use of your information, including to:
· request access to your information, which you can do by using the contact form on our website;
· update or amend your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
· object to certain uses of your personal data (which includes direct marketing and processing based on legitimate interests and processing for purposes of statistics) on grounds relating to your particular situation by using the contact form on our website;
· request the deletion of your information, or restrict its use, in certain circumstances (for example you can request that we erase your information where the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, unless certain exceptions apply) by using the contact form on our website;
· withdraw any consents you have provided in respect of our use of your information either by clicking unsubscribe links in emails or using the contact form on our website;
· request the return of information you have provided to us, to use for your own purposes (often called your right to data portability) where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a service, and the processing is carried out by automated means;
· lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
We may need to ask you for further information and identification to help us to comply with this request. If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, please contact us by using the contact form on our website.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We accepted the data processing agreement from Google. We don’t allow Google to use information obtained by Analytics for other Google services, and we anonymize the IP-addresses.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us by using the contact form on our website.
Otherwise, our contact details are:
Custom Cruisers Ltd
Monk Road Industrial Estate
Phone: +44 (0) 1773 835666
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web-page. We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes. This privacy notice was last updated on 29th April 2020.